Wednesday, January 28th, 2009 at 8:13 pm
With the nation reaching its highest unemployment rate in decades, the fortunate people that have more than lint in their pockets still managed to hit their local CD stores, and help their favorite artists climb up the charts a little further.
Here are just a handful of familiar names who are still keeping cash registers ringing (in no particular order).
Others not listed below such as Ludacris already secured a gold plaque with his latest album Theater Of The Mind, while T.I.’s Paper Trail already crossed into platinum territory, and Lil Wayne’s Tha Carter III is still trucking as it approaches 3 million sold…
- Kanye West- 808′s & Heartbreaks: Last Week Sales: 39,234 Total Sales: 1,224,108
- Jamie Foxx- Intuition: Last Week Sales: 30,270 Total Sales: 509,881
- Notorious OST: Last Week Sales: 28,989 Total Sales: 72,024
- Ne-Yo- Year Of The Gentleman: Last Week Sales: 14,966 Total Sales: 842,105
- Common- Universal Mind Control: Last Week Sales: 6,966 Total Sales: 190,149
- Q-Tip- Renaissance: Last Week Sales: 2,678 Total Sales: 107,772
- Beyonce- I Am…Sasha Fierce: Last Week Sales: 50,927 Total Sales: 1,685,304
- Keyshia Cole- A Different Me: Last Week Sales: 31,275 Total Sales: 601,669
- Plies- Da Realist: Last Week Sales: 12,104 Total Sales: 229,512