After two critically acclaimed mixtapes, Shut Up, Dude and Sit Down, Man, the NYC rap duo announce that they will be releasing their debut commercial release, Relax. The project is currently slated to drop on September 13th. The production lineup is looking pretty serious. Got Diplo & El-P on the project.
Overtly political pop-rap experimentalists Das Racist, like Atlanta-based hip-hop group Tag Team, are “back again” with their sprawling, visionary cyberdelic, Black Eyed Peas-ian, epic tone-poem of a debut album, RELAX slated for release September 13th on Greedhead Music, the imprint piloted by member Himanshu Suri. Featuring production from Diplo, Vampire Weekend’s ROSTAM, Yeasayer’s Anand Wilder, Drake songwriter Francis Farewell Starlite, and cameos from beloved Detroit rap eccentric Danny Brown, El-P and the ever-reclusive tiny genius rapper Despot, the album is almost exactly like Kanye West’s My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy in every conceivable way. Relax, a musical experiment in pop art, will be the first commercially available release by Das Racist. With sales projected at around 100,000 units (grossing roughly one million dollars), it would still only do 25% as well as Kanye West’s College Dropout, but at least will afford them the financial security to pursue their many other projects.
1. Relax (Produced by Das Racist and Patrick Wimberly)
2. Michael Jackson (Produced by Das Racist and Patrick Wimberly)
3. Brand New Dance (Produced by Patrick Wimberly)
4. Middle of The Cake (Produced by Anand Wilder)
5. Girl (Produced by Blood Diamonds)
6. Shut Up, Man feat. El-P (Produced by El-P)
7. Happy Rappy (Produced by Diplo)
8. Booty In The Air (Produced by Patrick Wimberly)
9. Power feat. Danny Brown and Despot (Produced by Dash Speaks)
10. Punjabi Song feat. Bikram Singh (Produced by J-La)
11. Selena (Produced by Patrick Wimberly)
12. Rainbow In The Dark (Produced by J-La)
13. The Trick (Produced by ROSTAM)
14. Celebration (Produced by Francis Farewell Starlite)