Wednesday, August 29th, 2012 at 5:15 pm
A convergence of mobile phone and compact point-and-shoot digital camera, the Samsung Galaxy Camera features a 16.3 megapixel CMOS image sensor, a 1.4GHz quad-core processor, and a 4.8-inch touch-screen LCD display. Not linked to any particular cellular services, users can still make calls and/or video chats via the various VoIP providers such as Skype or Vonage. The Samsung Galaxy Camera wins the claim as the first hybrid to feature the Android OS with the new Android 4.1 “Jelly Bean” variant.
Comes with a 21X zoom, 23-481mm F2.8 lens, the Samsung Galaxy Camera will be available in either a 3G + Wi-Fi or a 4G + Wi-Fi version. Official launch date and pricing to be determine at a later date.
- 16.3 Megapixel CMOS Image Sensor
- 1.4GHz Quad-Core Processor
- F2.8, 23 mm, 21x Super Long Zoom Lens
- 4.8-inch HD Super Clear Touch Display
- Android 4.1 OS (Jelly Bean)
- 4G, 3G (HSPA＋ 21Mbps): 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 MHz Cellular Connectivity
- WiFi a/b/g/n, WiFi HT40